☕️ Fresh News Adda

Place For Latest Technology | Gadgets | Heath News And Updations

Thor: Ragnarok Blows Past $500 Million at Worldwide Box Office in a Week


  • Thor: Ragnarok has grossed more than $500 million
  • $147.9 million came in from the US
  • In India, it has earned about $7.95 million

Thor: Ragnarok – the third standalone film for the Asgardian god of thunder, and the newest addition to the Marvel universe – has crossed half a billion in worldwide ticket sales in just the first week since release.

Its current total stands at $502.3 million (about Rs. 3,273 crores), as per tracker Box Office Mojo. Of that, $147.9 million (about Rs. 963.5 crores) – 29.5 percent – has come in from ticket sales in the US, with the rest 70.5 percent – $354.4 million (about Rs. 2,309 crores) – being collected internationally.

China has contributed the highest to that total, with $56.3 million (about Rs. 366.9 crores). It’s followed by the UK with $27.3 million (about Rs. 177.9 crores) and South Korea $25.7 million (about Rs. 167.5 crores).

In India, Ragnarok has earned $5.4 million (about Rs. 35 crores), Box Office Mojo reports, up to November 5. Local critic and analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted earlier Friday that the film was now up to Rs. 51.84 crores for the full week, which is about $7.95 million.

That’s more than what the last two Thor films made over their entire theatrical window, which is great news for Disney’s future in India. Part of it is also down to the extensive marketing campaign ahead of Ragnarok’s release, which included a tour of Thor and Hulk figurines across the country.

Of course, it helps that Ragnarok is one of the best reviewed films in the Marvel fold, with a 93 percent fresh rating on reviews aggregator Rotten Tomatoes]. In our review, we praised director Taika Waititi’s refreshing work, a script full of laughs, and the actors embracing a sillier version of themselves, and concluded by saying it was a “joyous romp that makes Thor fun”.

READ:   OnePlus 9 Pro Alleged Screenshots Tip Key Specifications and Redesigned Camera UI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *